|Shopping and days out
How to find DMU venues
High-speed train links connect Leicester to London and many other large towns and cities. Bus and coach services also provide great value and reliable connections across Leicester and to most parts of the UK. Park-and-ride services are also provided within the city.
To find The Venue@DMU, please use postcode LE2 7BU. There is limited parking on the DMU campus but some street parking is available as well as several public car parks in the city centre. Please contact us for advice if you are planning on visiting by car and require parking.
There is a marked network of cycle routes across the city and a high number of accessible cycle racks on campus.
Leicester is one of the oldest cities in England and our rich history can be explored through one of our many city museums. The remains of the ancient Roman baths at Jewry Wall are just a stones throw from our campus, alongside artefacts and exhibits depicting Roman life in Leicester.
- King Richard III Visitor Centre – LE1 5DB
- Leicester Cathedral – LE1 5PZ
- Leicester Guildhall – LE1 5FQ
- Leicester Abbey – LE4 0BT
- The Arch of Remembrance – LE1 7RU
- Jewry Wall – LE1 4LB
Leicester is proud to be a multicultural city and in 2016 a study by the Economic and Social Research Council named Narborough Road (right next to our campus!) the most diverse street in the UK with shops run by people from 22 countries spread across four continents.
Sport in Leicester
Leicester boasts an incredible legacy of sporting achievement, from Leicester City Football Club, Leicester Tigers Rugby Club, Leicestershire County Cricket Club or the Leicester Riders basketball team. If you can’t make it to a match, why not take advantage of some of the stadium tours on offer, or even a trip to the club shops for a souvenir?
- Leicester City Football Club – LE2 7FL
- Leicester Tigers Rugby Club – LE2 7TR
- Leicestershire County Cricket Club – LE3 8RA
- Leicester Riders Basketball Team – LE1 3UD
Ten gorgeous green spaces to explore around Leicester
For a busy built-up city like Leicester, it’s amazing how much green space there is within, and surrounding, its boundaries. Here’s a list of parks to provide us with the perfect escape from our otherwise indoor lives.
- Abbey Park – LE4 5AQ
- Castle Gardens – LE2 7BY
- New Walk’s open spaces – LE1 7EA
- Victoria Park – LE1 7RY
- Aylestone Meadows – LE2 8DZ
- Watermead Country Park – LE7 1PD
Bradgate Park – LE6 0HE
- Western Park – LE3 6HX
- Knighton Park – LE2 3RR
- Braunstone Park – LE3 1EJ
Shopping, dining and days out in Leicester
Leicester is bursting with independent shops, cafes and restaurants, many of which can be found in St Martin’s Square and The Lanes. Leicester is also famous for its covered outdoor fruit & vegetable market, which sells quality local produce at great prices! Or if you’re after some serious retail therapy, the Highcross and Haymarket shopping centres are packed with your favourite high street and designer stores.
- Highcross Shopping Centre – LE1 4AN
- Fosse Park Shopping Outlet – LE19 1HY
- St Martins Square – LE1 5DG
- Leicester Market – LE1 5GG
- Haymarket Shopping Centre – LE1 3HY
Looking for a day out in Leicester? Whether it’s with a group of friends or your family, Leicester has a plenty of exciting activities to keep everyone entertained.
- Treetop Adventure Golf – LE1 4AN
- National Space Centre – LE4 5NS
- Wistow Maze – LE8 0QF
- Showcase Cinema De Lux – LE1 4SD
- Boost Trampoline Park – LE1 1QG
- Lane 7 – LE1 4JT
- Curve Theatre – LE1 1SB
Pictures and information kindly supplied by DMU in Leicester
See also the Visit Leicester web page for further info and ideas – https://www.visitleicester.info/