This prize is a one-year scholarship for 2017 for the ECF Chess Academy International Programme. The prize is awarded to the highest eligible player in the Under 10 Championship. The winner will receive admission and one year’s fee for the ECF Chess Academy International Programme for the year commencing January 2017 (paid to the Academy direct). If the winner is already a student on the International Programme, then they will receive one year’s fee as above.
- The player will be:
- Resident in the UK
- Eligible to represent England in international tournaments
- A member of the ECF academy or willing to become one (all junior ECF gold/platinum level members are automatically members of the academy)
- The player will have an ECF standardplay grade in the July 2016 list of at least their own age on 31stJuly 2016 x 10.
- In the event of a tie the following tie break, in order, will apply
- 1) If ONLY two players tie the result of individual game between the players
- 2) Sum of Progressive scores
- 3) Sum of Opponents scores
- 4) Sonnenborn Berger
- 5) Drawing of Lots
Note: The winner is expected to show commitment to studying with the academy and attending all 4 study weekends in 2017. Students on the International Programme normally have an expectation of continuing to play chess until they are 18yrs old and as part of this to complete the full 3 year programme. Students are eligible for preferential selection to international tournaments in the Junior Selection Policy.
This prize is not transferable.